٨۸۵۴۳۵۶۱-٠٢١

به كيوننا خوش آمديد

به ما و كاربران ما بگوئيد چه كسي هستيد, چه چيزي دوست داريد و چرا عضو اين سايت شديد.
ما به همه اعضاء جديد خوش آمد ميگوئيم و اميدواريم كه زياد شما را اينجا ببينيم !

موضوع: Help automating remote app patch deployment

Help automating remote app patch deployment 5 سال 9 ماه ago #443

• gabrielantonio
  • آفلاين
  • كاربر عضو
  • ارسال ها: 10
  • امتياز: 0
Hi,

My team is nearing the end of the development cycle for a large-ish SOA solution. The resulting suite of services and components will be deployed to close to 50 VM's. At this point, I need advice/pointers on how to automate certain tasks. Unfortunately, this is going unnecessarily complicated.
As part of our release process, we will provide a separate team (datacenter ops team) with the certified images of the application. This team is responsible for provisioning and configuring the VM's, and also responsible for the initial deployment of our application. Once the application is accepted by production, another team (app ops team) will be responsible for deploying any patches to our application. By patches I just mean application/build revisions. OS and security patches remain the responsibility of a completely separate group.
This is the first time pretty much anybody in this company will have deployed a service with our particular uptime SLA, and this scale. We're still figuring things out. So I am in charge of defining the process of deploying our app patches. Unfortunately for numerous reasons, we cannot entertain a true continuous delivery approach.
The application is actually comprised of several applications, each a java web service running in a Tomcat container. We will also be running a number of Elasticsearch nodes (also java fyi). The VM's are all Windows. Tomcat and Elasticsearch will be installed as a Windows Service.
The datacenter ops team has not finalized what tool they are going to use for configuration and orchestration. They are evaluating both Chef and Puppet (we are procedurally immature for this type of application), with the plan of using Powershell if they cannot agree on a tool or cannot obtain funding for the tool.
Regardless, I've been told that our app ops team will not have access to this tool. So I need to find something that can automate the patching process. It really should be as simple as shutting down a service, cleaning some stuff, copying some stuff, and starting a service again; executed on some series of VM's.
Early in our project development, I used Rundeck for this purpose. But all the machines at the time were Linux. The accounts we will be assigned will be completely locked down, and we will not be allowed to set up ssh daemons.
So what tools are there for this? Puppet & Chef I know about. Microsoft SCCM? I know practically next-to-nothing about the enterprise Microsoft space. Any cool open source "microsoft-y" variants of stuff like Puppet/Chef?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1293459
Real Estate Video

Thank you.
مدير دسترسي عمومي براي نوشتن را غيرفعال كرده.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds