٨۸۵۴۳۵۶۱-٠٢١

اين سربرگ اختياري انجمن براي صندوق پيشنهادات و انتقادات است.

موضوع: McVay said he could hold quarterback Jared Goff

McVay said he could hold quarterback Jared Goff 5 سال 4 ماه ago #449

• zhangzk
  • آفلاين
  • كاربر عضو
  • ارسال ها: 9
  • امتياز: 0
Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley hopes there will be a time when the NFL does away with preseason games entirely Youth Bruce Ellington Jersey , saying that "everyone's dream is not to play in the preseason."In the meantime, Gurley will have to settle for Rams coach Sean McVay making his dream come true.McVay indicated earlier in the week that Goff would play, but that was before right tackle Rob Havenstein sustained a minor ankle injury in practice. McVay is understandably wary of playing Goff behind an offensive line missing three starters against a Texans pass rush that features Jadeveon Clowney and J.J. Watt."When Rob tweaks his ankle, that definitely potentially alters it, especially when you're talking about any team in general but specifically an excellent defense when you're looking at guys like Watt and Clowney. I wouldn't feel great about going against those guys without our line, but we'll see what happens," McVay said.McVay has shown a propensity for caution in managing veteran players, going as far as holding out starters in Week 17 against San Francisco last season after winning the NFC West and securing a home playoff game. Outside linebacker Samson Ebukam and right guard Jamon Brown, who is suspended the first two games of the season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, are the only starters that played in the Rams' first two preseason games.Goff has no concerns if he goes into his third NFL season without playing a snap in the preseason. He appeared in three preseason games last year, McVay's first season as head coach."Whatever they decide to do, I'm on board with. We got a lot of good work through training camp and through different situations that may come up this weekend that may happen http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ka_imi-fairbairn-jersey , but I'm planning to play and we'll see what happens," Goff said.Asked if he needed preseason games to get used to contact, Goff said, "I'll get hit plenty this year. I'll adjust to it eventually."The decision to hold out Gurley reflects the significant role he has in McVay's offense. Gurley led the league with 2,093 yards from scrimmage and 19 combined touchdown runs and receptions, and his 343 total touches trailed only Pittsburgh running back Le'Veon Bell and Buffalo's LeSean McVoy.Gurley's workload has been light for most of the offseason and training camp, but he said that is changing as the Rams turn their focus toward their season opener at Oakland on Sept. 10.McVay believes the right course of action is to be careful with Gurley, pointing to how effective he was over the course of last season even with his heavy usage."You definitely don't want to take away from the value of the preseason, so I don't want that to be misunderstood by any stretch, but that risk-reward and also being mindful of getting Todd as fresh as possible," McVay said. "I think that's one of the things last year that enabled him to sustain and really get stronger as the season progressed was what a good job he did taking care of himself, being mindful of just kind of his maintenance program throughout the course of the year, especially with all of his touches. And we feel like this is going to put him on that track, and that was more important to us."Houston Texans Injury News: J.J. Watt Passed Conditioning Test D.J. Reader Jersey , Ready For Training Camp Christmas is right around the corner, and because we were all so good this summer, we are already being spoiled with good news. J.J. Wattt is healthy again. According to Adam Schefter, who tweeted according to Chris Mortensen, the Texans’ defensive end passed his conditioning test with flying colors on Monday and is ready to practice when training camp opens this week. This news is especially welcome after the last two dour seasons where Watt played three games after undergoing back surgery in July of 2016, only to have another surgical procedure on his back that ended his 2016 season, and then played five games in 2017 before breaking his leg. So, yeah, I hope Watt is ready to play a full season in 2018, because I’m ready to watch him play a full season. Not only have the Texans been worse without him, but football has also been a less enjoyable affair generally without him. Losing two prime seasons from one of the greatest players of all time is more than a travesty.It’s a tragedy. For his part, Watt responded to Schefter’s tweet and tempered the future to remain in the present. In case you were wondering, this is what phenomenal looks like. Sheesh.
مدير دسترسي عمومي براي نوشتن را غيرفعال كرده.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds